Deepika really makes this messy hair style work. I love it because my hair is always messy and with this hairstyle, I can make it look trendy without much effort! Deepika does tend to sport this hairstyle quite often, so here’s how you can make this Deepika Padukone hairstyle in your own house!
You can opt to leave you hair in a pony instead of a bun, for instance if you have shorter hair or a layered styles that refuses to stay in a bun
That said, let’s go over the steps to achieve this lovely Deepika Padukone hairstyle that will work well on both Indian and Western outfits.
Steps to create the Deepika Padukone hairstyle:
First, begin with a day old hair if your hair tends to be smoother on the day you wash it. My hair gets softer on day two, so for me it might work better on day one when it is dryer and will hold up well. If you have curly or wavy hair, you could iron out the crown portion of your hair alone before beginning.
There are two ways to get create this Deepika Padukone hairstyle and we will go over both of them.
- The first way is by backcombing.
- Using a paddle brush to brush your hair and free it of any tangles. Apply some smoothing serum like Toni and Guy’s Smoothing Detangler or Wella High Gloss Hair Serum to all of your strands. Then, using a chopstick or the back of a parting comb, separate the section on your crown from the rest of your hair. You will be back combing this section so tie up the rest. Slowly pick out small sections from our crown and back comb them. This is the most important part as this is what gives this style the volume.
- Once you’re done back combing, give it some height and twist the crown section and secure it with bobby pins. What I mean is, don’t press the bouffant back flat on your head.
- Then take the remaining hair in your ponytail and twist it and roll it up in a bun. Let the bun be loosely gathered. Secure with as many bobby pins as needed.
- Finally, loosen a few sections on your crown using the back of the chop stick or parting comb and pull out a few strands to frame your face. Spray with hairspray to set the look and you’re set to flaunt away your new Deepika Padukone hairstyle. (Don’t forget the iconic bindi as well!)
- The second way to create the volume for this look is by using a bumpit.
- Start off the same way as the first method – by combing your hair with a paddle brush and applying serum to the length. Section off the crown portion and tie up the remainder of your hair in a pony tail.
- Section the front most portion of your hair and pull it forward over your face. Comb it free of tangles and back comb it very slightly. Place the bumpit on your head and throw the backcombed section over it. Gather this portion and comb with a narrow-toothed comb to get a sleek upper finish and secure with bobby pins.
- The ending steps are the same as in the first method as well – tie up your hair in a messy bun and secure with bobby pins and loosen sections from your crown to let the hair breathe more volume. Finish with a setting spray.
The highlights in this Deepika Padukone hairstyle add to the separated look in the bouffant. You can try it too in your own home using a highlight kit. Those with weaker hearts (and bigger pockets 😉 can just go to the salon.
Leave comments about how this style worked for you. What did you wear it with? As always, we love hearing from you!